Pastoral Manager: Ms Satvir Rai
Hi, my name is Satvir Rai I am a Pastoral Manager at Rookery School Academy.
My Role at Rookery School Academy:
As a Pastoral Manager I am a trained, experienced and passionate person who joins a school community to provide extra support to parents/carers and the families. We are a team of positive role models who bring genuine compassion, understanding and practical ongoing support to pupils and families.
Pastoral Support Workers in schools have many tasks:
To ensure the safeguarding, welfare and learning of pupils by:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with staff, parents, partners and external agencies.
- To link families to community resources and services.
These tasks are addressed in working with the pupils, staff and families of the school community, to fulfil the following roles:
Partnership to support your child
- Provide support on Parents Evening (bilingual)
- Arrange Inspire Workshops for parental involvement
- Support parent/carer with homework
- Assist school staff with their day to day contact with parents/carers (arrange appointments if required)
- On request, provide initial support or information and contacts with other agencies.
- Support parent/carer with school transfers
- Offer support or information with regard to critical family situations that may hinder child’s learning or attendance.
- Be available to provide ongoing support to individuals and/or families.
Provide additional opportunities for families to feel supported.
Participation to develop deeper understanding
We believe that our parent community are a valuable part of our success and as such we continue to work hard to strengthen the partnership. As well as being available to support parents/carers when they need the school’s support, we value what parents can offer. If you have a skill or talent that you would like to share contact me. You can participate by:
- Support the end of term year group events
- Join the reading volunteer group to support pupils with reading
Training to improve prospects (Adult learner courses)
- Basic Maths
- Basic English
- Basic ICT
- NVQ Level 1 & 2
- NVQ Level 3
I am available each morning at 8.45am meeting and greeting on the school playground and at the end of each day at 3.15pm.